I firmly believe that my role as an academic is to serve as a tool for society to understand the complex and emerging challenges organizations and societies face. Therefore, I research problems that organizations struggle with everyday (e.g., learning, innovation, and change) as well as those issues that societies grapple with (e.g., economic inequality, and global product safety). Together, these give me a chance to communicate my research in multiple formats to improve management practice and education.
- Bapuji H, Kikon D. 2021. Caste and cricket: How celebrities enable inequalities? Pursuit. August 25.
- Dhanaraj C, Bapuji H. 2020. The Evidence is Clear, Caste Hurts Corporations in India And Abroad. HuffPost. July 27.
- Sojo V, Bapuji H. 2020. The toxic spread of COVID-19 racism. Pursuit. The University of Melbourne.
- Mitra A, Bapuji H, Ertug G, Shaw J. 2020. As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: Organizations and Economic Inequality. The Journal of Total Rewards (formerly World at Work Journal), 1:71-79.
- Bapuji H. Chrispal S. 2018. How Twitter got blindsided by India's still-toxic caste system. The Conversation.
- Also, When a Tweet met with a Roar. Pursuit. The University of Melbourne.
- And, Now That Twitter Knows Just How Resilient Casteism Is, It’s Time to Act. The Wire.
- Bapuji H. 2018. Don't blame inequality just on the 'fat cats'. Pursuit. The University of Melbourne.
- Osegowitsch T, Bapuji H. 2016. How Volkswagen is using tried-and-tested tactics to avoid paying compensation. The Conversation.
- Bapuji H, Riaz S. 2012. Occupy, Economic Inequality and Business Initiatives: Insights from India. Ivey Business Journal. Jan/Feb.
- Beamish P, Bapuji H. 2012. Toy Recalls and China: Emotion vs. Evidence. Chinese Management Insights, Vol 1, Issue 4. Available in English and Chinese.
- Bapuji H, Riaz S. 2011. Occupy Wall Street: What Businesses Need to Know. Harvard Business Review Online. Reprinted in Business Week Online.
- Bapuji H, Morris K. 2011. Consumer Product Safety in Canada: From Enacting to Acting. Policy Options. April:48 - 50.
- Bapuji H, Loree D, Crossan M. 2011. Relying on external knowledge and hoping for competitive advantage: Why it might not work. Ivey Business Journal. May.
- Bapuji H, Beamish P. 2008. Product Recalls: Avoid hazardous design flaws. Harvard Business Review. March:23 - 26.
- Bapuji H, Laplume A. 2008. Toy Recalls and China: One Year Later. Research Reports, November. Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
- Bapuji H, Beamish P, Laplume A. 2007. Toy Import and Recall Levels: Is there a connection? Research Reports, November. Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
- Bapuji H, Beamish P. 2007. Toy Recalls: Is China Really the Problem? Canada-Asia Commentary, September. Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
- Attri P, Joshi C, Bapuji H. 2021. Cisco Systems Inc.: Caste conundrum regarding diversity and inclusion. Ivey Publishing (Case# W24737), Western University, London, Canada.
- Bapuji H, White R, Sanwald M. 2018. Competing with Patanjali: Can you bend like the Baba? Ivey Publishing. 9B18M039, Western University, London, Canada.
- White R, Bapuji H, Sanwald M. 2017. Patanjali: Swadeshi Jeans or Foreign Shores? Ivey Publishing. 9B17M079, Western University, London, Canada.
- Joshi C, Bapuji H, Chandrasekhar R. 2013. Windermere Manor: Sustainability and Change. Ivey Publishing. 9B13C044. Western University, London, Canada.
- Bapuji H, Koka B. 2011. Aiming for the Top: iTOPS or India? Ivey Publishing. 9B11M069. Western University, London, Canada.
- Pangarkar N, Bapuji H, Loader B. 2011. Qantas: Which Route out of the Turbulence? Ivey Publishing. 9B11M068. Western University, London, Canada.
- Bapuji H, Beamish P. 2008. Mattel and the Toy Recalls. Case A. Ivey Publishing. 9B08M010. Western University, London, Canada.
- Bapuji H, Beamish P. 2008. Mattel and the Toy Recalls. Case B. Ivey Publishing. 9B08M011. Western University, London, Canada. Also, printed in
- Bapuji H, Dawar N, Goodwin N. 2007. Splash: Ready to make waves? Ivey & Nanyang case. 9B06A033. Western University, London, Canada.
- Rowe G, Bapuji H. 2004. Compassion Canada. Ivey Publishing. 9B03M008. Western University, London, Canada.